ESG Policies and Commitments
OIT’s Environment Policy aims to operate and maintain the highways and road infrastructure sustainably, improves the quality of people’s lives, and contributes to the progress of the Nation. Our environmental policy defines our environmental objectives and the principles we are committed to in our operations as well as in the services we provide to our clients, customers, and other stakeholders.
- OIT shall remain committed to dealing proactively with its environmental impact by rethinking traditional methods of Construction, Operation, and Maintenance (O&M) and selecting construction materials from sustainable sources and suppliers, and focusing on (i) efficient use of energy (ii) minimizing the environment pollution (iii)reduction of natural resource use (iv) promoting reuse and recycle (v)negating or neutralizing any potentially harmful effects; before safe disposal of waste through legally approved means (vi) managing water and wastewater responsibly
- OIT shall comply with the applicable international, national, and state-level legal laws and regulations and other requirements on the environment, including the timely submission of reports disclosing OIT’s environmental performance.
- OIT shall integrate environment-related aspects into its supply chain; review their (suppliers’) performance and revise the environment performance indicators progressively through their participation and capacity building.
- OIT shall promote the use of energy-efficient and cleaner technologies in its business operations.
- OIT shall work in partnerships with its stakeholders such as supply chain vendors, regulatory authorities, contractors, distributors, logistics partners, etc. to function in a manner that minimizes or eliminate the negative impact on the environment.
- OIT shall promote the principles of material and waste management by adhering to the principle of 5-R: Rethink, Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, and Recovery of energy. The residual material (waste) shall be finally treated/ disposed of locally through legally approved means.
- OIT shall work towards spreading awareness among employees, inform other stakeholders about the principles defined in this Policy, and adopt strategic communication to realize the Policy objectives.
- OIT shall conduct environmental due diligence before acquiring any new assets/ roads.
- OIT shall monitor and disclose environmental performance at regular intervals and endeavor to adopt industry best practices.
Dissemination and Implementation Supervision of the Policy
The Environment Policy shall be made available to all employees, SPVs, Project Manager(s) suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders. The monitoring and tracking of the implementation of this Policy is the responsibility of the Sustainability and CSR Committee under the supervision of the Chief Executive Officer.
Table of Contents
3. CSR Policy
5. POSH Policy